LEGAL NOTICE, including Terms and Conditions of Use
This website was created by MedTech Europe, with registered offices at Rue Joseph II 40, 1000 Brussels and is managed by the independent MedTech Europe Compliance Officer under the supervision of the independent MedTech Europe Compliance Panel.
This website and the information it contains may be provided that the terms and conditions of use hereafter are fully complied with. By using this website you (hereafter referred to as the “User”) are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, which are subject to change. It is therefore recommended that the User consult this website regularly for such changes.
The purpose of this website is to serve as a reference for MedTech Europe and Mecomed members in certain matters of ethics and healthcare compliance. MedTech Europe, Mecomed and their members are committed to ensuring that their relationships with Healthcare Professionals adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards.
This website provides MedTech Europe and Mecomed members, as defined in the MedTech Europe statutes and other interested parties with the important information regarding the financial support of pre-identified independent third-party organised conferences.
MedTech Europe Members are encouraged to consult the Conference Database on www.ethicalmedtech.eu prior to making decisions regarding either the sponsorship of third-party independently organised conferences or of Healthcare Professionals to attend such conferences.
The recommendations and decisions of the MedTech Europe Compliance Officer with regard to conferences will be made based on the rules and processes described on the EthicalMedTech website.
These recommendations and decisions, which will be posted on the website, are without prejudice to the following:
- The posted recommendations and decisions are valid as from the date of posting.
- The recommendations and decisions are based on documents and information provided by the User or other authorised parties via the “Submission Form”. The MedTech Europe Compliance Officer does not independently verify the accuracy of such documents or information nor does the Compliance Officer determine whether the information and documents submitted are up-to-date.
- The recommendations and decisions do not take into account national and local laws, regulations or professional and company codes which may impose more stringent or additional requirements.
- The recommendations and decisions do not take into consideration the quality or content of the scientific programme or the quality of the faculty or speakers.
- Negative recommendations and decisions will include a statement setting out the reasons why a particular conference does not comply with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice. Conference organisers identified in a submission will be notified ten days prior to the issuance of a negative recommendation or decision in order to permit them to correct deficiencies prior to the issuance of a final recommendation or decision.
The EthicalMedTech website is publicly accessible and all information and tools offered on the website are available free of charge.
Users may not:
- wrongfully or unlawfully use the information on the website;
- use the website in any way that may damage or alter its contents, disrupt its availability or affect its efficiency in any way;
- use the website for transmitting or posting computer viruses, unlawful or wrongfully obtained material, or material that is in any way inappropriate, including but not limited to libellous, obscene or intimidating material;
- use the website in any way that violates the rights of a natural person, a legal person or an association, including but not limited to violations of privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
Through the EthicalMedTech website the User may be referred to other websites which are not under the control of MedTech Europe. Links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience. Therefore, those links imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in these websites by MedTech Europe.
For submitting conferences, the User needs a password to access certain sections of the EthicalMedTech website. In such cases it is strictly forbidden to access these sections without a password. If the User receives such a password, it shall be kept secret and confidential. Every use made of our services after valid identification with your password will be deemed to have been made by you. Medtech Europe has the right to cancel a User’s password at any time.
Information on this website is provided in good faith. MedTech Europe has made all reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, but cannot guarantee completeness or accuracy of the information at any time. Neither the Compliance Officer nor the Compliance Panel accepts any responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on the EthicalMedTech website.
Users recognise that the use of the EthicalMedTech website is under their sole responsibility. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, MedTech Europe takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to maintenance, technical issues beyond our control or for any other reason. MedTech Europe accepts no responsibility with regard to problems incurred as a result of using the EthicalMedTech website or any linked external site. MedTech Europe will not assume any responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, Users’ computer equipment or other property on account of a User’s access to, or use of information on, the EthicalMedTech website
MedTech Europe, the Compliance Officer and the members of the MedTech Europe Compliance Panel shall not have any liability to any person with respect to:
- Due to claims made or actions taken as a result of that person acting or refraining from acting based on the conclusions, recommendations or decisions of the Compliance Officer or the MedTech Europe Compliance Panel; or Recommendations or decisions based on obsolete or incomplete documents or information furnished to the MedTech Europe Compliance Officer.
- This disclaimer is not intended to limit MedTech Europe’s liability in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor does it exclude liability for matters which may not be excluded under law.
The totality of the content of the EthicalMedTech website is protected by legislation regarding copyright. Information on the EthicalMedTech website is made available on condition that no part of the materials (including photographs) may be reproduced or abstracted without the agreement of MedTech Europe. Following such agreement, materials must indicate the source and the date of latest update indicated on the relevant page. Photographs should show the copyright as indicated on the website pages.
Privacy and cookies policy
Thank you for visiting www.ethicalmedtech.eu (the “Website”). The Website is owned by MedTech Europe AISBL, with registered office at 1000 Brussels, rue Joseph II, 40, bte 3 (“we” “our” or “us”). For the purposes of European data protection laws we shall act as “controller” and are responsible when processing your personal data.
- Personal data we collect. We collect and process the following personal data about you: your name, email address, work address, phone number, place of employment, IP address, and login details. We receive your personal data either directly from you when you open an account on the Website or from your employer.
- Use of your personal data. We use personal data held about you where in our legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- to provide the services to you and to support your interaction with us, including to ensure that the content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or electronic device;
- to provide you with information you may have requested from us (e.g., through this Website);
- to notify you about changes to this Website and to ensure the ongoing accuracy and relevance of such data;
- for general internal research purposes, including to identify and analyze the regularity of the use of this Website and the nature of this Website’s users; and
- to design products and services for your use.
Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest.
We may also process your personal data where necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Where we require personal data to comply with our legal requirements, failure to provide this data means we may not be able to provide the requested services to you and/or interact with you further.
- Sharing your personal data. We may disclose your personal data to the following parties for the following purposes:
- third party service providers who host the Website and help us provide our services;
- other non-governmental organizations (i.e., Mecomed) whose members also make use of Ethical MedTech
- local tax authorities and any governmental or administrative body where MedTech determines that it is necessary or desirable in order to comply with applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
- International transfers of your personal data. The disclosure of personal data to Mecomed (in Dubai) will involve the transfer of personal data to a jurisdiction outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. You have the right to obtain further information in relation to these safeguards by contacting us as provided below.
- Duration of storage of your personal data. We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services requested or to answer queries or resolve issues with us. After this period, your personal data shall be deleted from our databases subject to any legal, contractual or similar obligations to retain the personal data.
- Your rights. You have the right to (i) access your personal data; (ii) require the correction of your personal data if and to the extent you can demonstrate such data is inaccurate; (iii) request in certain circumstances, the deletion of your personal data; (iv) object to the processing of your personal data (including for direct marketing) and/or request its restriction; and (v) request a copy of your personal data to be provided to you, or a third party, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Any request to exercise such rights must be addressed as provided below. You also have the right to file a complaint regarding the use of your personal data by us with the relevant supervisory authority.
Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because of their repetitive character, we may either (i) charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested or (ii) refuse to act on the request.
1. What are cookies and why do we use them? Cookies are small text files which are placed on the computer or electronic device of a website user to provide the website operator with information about use of our site. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your computer or electronic device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of our site. The website then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our website to the individual user.
Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
2. Your cookie preferences. To make full use of this website, your computer or electronic device will need to accept cookies, as this website will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalized features on this website.
Contact us. If you have any questions about this Policy or our related practices or if you wish to exercise the above rights, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at +32 (0)2 300 96 43.
Changes to this Policy. We retain the right to update or change any part of this Policy at any time. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by means of a prominent notice on this Website prior to the change becoming effective.
The logo was designed by Morris & Chapman Belgium for MedTech Europe.